Financial Project Coordinator
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research center at the faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and also a core research group of imec, Europe’s leading research institute on nano-technology and digital innovation. For over 25 years, SMIT excels in socio-economic and policy research on ICT innovations in Media, Smart Cities, AI and Digital Health.
SMIT is currently managing over 70 research projects and given the constant growth we are now looking for an additional colleague to integrate in our small, dynamic project management team, supporting more than 90 researchers in their daily work.
What you will do
- You will be working on financial project management including project registration and contracting, managing data in platforms as SAP and CRM, planning and time registration of researchers, project progress reporting, budget and HR planning.
- Depending on previous experiences and qualifications you can also be involved in the further development and fine-tuning of our internal accountancy systems.
- You will work in close cooperation with the HR, legal and financial teams of both imec and Vrije Universiteit Brussel, consolidating financial and contractual data from both sides.
- With your open, communicative and service-minded attitude you will function as a central point of contact and information for all SMIT researchers.
What we do for you
We offer you a fulltime contract of indefinite term with an attractive remuneration and benefits package.
You will be working in a very dynamic, open and flexible working environment in an international setting.
We offer you opportunities for learning and self-development.
Who you are
- You obtained a Business Administration degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have a couple of years of working experience and a successful exposure to financial project management (preferably in SAP) is required.
- Knowledge of financial management of research projects and/ or EU funding schemes is a strong asset.
- You have a strong eye for detail with an affinity for numbers.
- You are dynamic and have a pro-active personality with a positive and solution-oriented attitude.
- You are service-minded, communicative and culturally sensitive.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English.