Expert ultrasound system modelling
What you will do
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators using MEMS technology. The team is working on the design and characterization of the devices itself as well as the full system analysis until the creation of demos. In this role, you will work on these novel technologies and systems. You will collaborate closely with the biomedical, process technology, and ASIC teams. This interaction will enable the natural evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
In this job, your main responsibilities will be:
- You will develop system model for new applications, taking into account the performance of the transducers but also the driving and read out circuit, the different noise sources, as well as the losses and effect specific to the ultrasound application.
- You will participate and propose specifications for the new MEMS designs optimized by the design team
- You will also participate to the characterization of the designed devices as well as the demos in order to update and validate your system model.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge system analysis.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will follow up on customer projects
- You will be involved in the definition of industrial as well as public funded projects.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group. You will generate patents and publish in international journals.
- You will mentor Master internship students and PhD students to leverage the work
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience in ultrasound system analysis of MEMS.
- You have proven experience:
- in ultrasounds system modelling
- in writing code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- in conceptual system design and system testing
- in project management
- You are organized and you can structure a complex project. Having experience in project writing is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to strict project schedules
- You take initiative and can work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.