Entrepreneurial CEO to start-up an imec venture for solid state batteries (in EnergyVille Genk, Belgium)
Leading an imec start-up developing next generation batteries based on disruptive solid-state technology.
You can be part of an ambitious start-up developing next generation batteries for the automotive industry based on a unique Solid-State-Battery technology. The mission is to scale the technology and develop products geared towards the automotive market and a range of other products.
We are seeking an experienced CEO with an entrepreneurial spirit to manage the day-day operations of the start-up. You’re the right candidate if your passion is building a company, inspiring and providing leadership to a high-tech start-up team, developing a great entrepreneurial company culture, building trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders. As CEO you will set the course for the start-up where building a scalable financing strategy is an important aspect.
What you will do
- Develop the vision for the company that enables business success and make this venture attractive for staged investments.
- Sell the company vision and strategy through continuously networking with key players in the industry.
- Build-up the company from the ground up while keeping all stakeholders engaged and aligned.
- Expand a high performing and ambitious team and ensure full engagement of the team for company success.
- Seek and convince investors that can bring strategic value to the company on the short and long term.
- Develop the business through early-stage solid partnerships.
- Work and interact with the senior staff and executives to develop and validate the product roadmap that builds on maximizing return on investment along the different stages of the company.
- Execute on an ambitious yet realistic product development roadmap. This includes IP strategy, business model, go-to-market strategy, ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Develop and execute on the business plan and, as is typical for a start-up, take a wide breadth of responsibilities including company strategy, operations, financing, HR, marketing and branding.
- Report to the board of directors and keep them engaged.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company. Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
What we do for you
We give you the opportunity to enter a nascent spin-off of imec, carrying the necessary technology and potential to make the difference in the future of energy storage and electromobility. This is a unique chance to shape an early-stage venture, gear it for success and lead it all the way in an area of high societal impact.
With your talent, passion and expertise, we expect you to make the venture a top player in the field. Your energy and commitment as CEO of this venture are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive financial package and co-founding stakes.
Who you are
- You have solid experience (> 10 years) as an executive, business director, or similar relevant experience in the automotive business and/or the battery business.
- You have proven experience with capital fund raising. You have a strong network of relevant early and late-stage investors.
- You are well connected in the automotive and battery industry.
- You have experience in shaping early-stage deep-tech hardware start-ups.
- You have developed and executed long term projects requiring patience and strategic planning.
- You have developed hardware product strategy or go-to-market strategy and taken responsibility in its implementation.
- You are an inspiring leader for the team and have a hands-on approach to execution.
- You can build consensus and relationships among executives and partners.
- You are an excellent communicator and possess strong public speaking skills.
- You have a scientific or engineering background (Master’s degree in engineering or exact sciences); an MBA is a plus.
- Ideally you are based in Belgium or willing to frequently travel to the Belgian sites of the venture.