Entrepreneurial AI Scientist with CTO potential
VUB and imec have developed technology for a disinformation
monitoring application at their joint ETRO lab in Brussels. To further develop this technology, imec
and VUB are investigating the creation of a new spin-off company. For this venture-backed start-up, we are
looking for an entrepreneurial AI
scientist with CTO potential.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for the definition and execution of the product roadmap of a spin-off on fake news detection.
- Lead the execution of the technical work. As the start-up grows, you steer the day-to-day management of developers and AI experts.
- Support the CEO in voice-of-customer interviews to define the user requirements.
- Translating the functional product requirements into a software architecture and development roadmap in close collaboration with the business lead (CEO) of the start-up.
- Keep yourself updated of the latest technical developments in the field of AI and big data mining and benchmark the solution with respect to competitors’ offering.
- Identify technical risks, prioritize them and assess the impact on the product development roadmap and propose elegant and efficient solutions to de-risk critical steps in an early phase.
- As an inventor of elegant solutions to problems encountered, you contribute to the patent portfolio of the spin-off company
What we do for you
We offer you a
unique opportunity to join and take up a leading role in and potentially
co-founding an imec spin-off currently in incubation. With your talent, passion
and expertise, you will become part of a team that makes the impossible
possible. The initial collaboration to get the venture started will be under a
consultancy agreement (no full time payroll position).
Imec/VUB and its
family of spin-off companies create technologies and products that will shape
the society of tomorrow.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or Master’s degree with equivalent experience in big data or AI.
- You have lead software developments in the past and are familiar with leading a technical team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in which you combine theoretical expertise with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to solving problems and demonstrate progress.
- You are thrilled by translating a disruptive technology into a compelling product.
- Ideally, you have previous experience in start-ups.
- You are based or willing to be based in Belgium and available to travel when needed.