What you will do
We need you as an Electronics Design Engineer to be part of our multidisciplinary team
to develop electronic solutions that can be used for
studies in the fields of preventive health and agriculture & food.
In this start-up environment and in close
collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will be
responsible for the design, implementation and test of innovative prototype
systems by combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art
components. Additionally, you will support engineers from other domains
(software, algorithms, biomedical) to fulfil the hardware needs or dependencies
they might have.
Your main tasks will include:
- Design hardware for demonstrators and prototypes based on imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio’s, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices;
- Development of PCBs (analog-mixed signal circuits) including simulations, schematic design and layout;
- Perform hardware and software testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up and adaptation of existing platforms into new specifications;
- Design and implementation of test equipment including tooling and scripts;
- Document your activities to ensure reproducibility of setup and test results;
- If interested, there is the option to also develop software for these demonstrators (Embedded Systems).
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be
part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers.
Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a BSc degree (HBO) in Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Embedded engineering or in a similar field;
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in the designing PCBs with off-the-shelf components and inboard bring-up, hardware test & debugging;
- Experience in (low power) embedded and analogue hardware systems, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks;
- You are familiar with signal integrity, EMC and power management;
- Work experience with ECAD design tools is a must (Altium is preferred);
- Basic knowledge of how to design electrically safe hardware according to regulations (CE, EMC, medical regulations...) is a plus;
- At least basic knowledge/understanding of:
- uControllers and firmware development: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ARM-core.
- industry standard interface protocols (SPI, I2C, UART).
- programming languages as Python, C, C#, including for embedded applications (microcontrollers).
- VHDL or Verilog is a plus.
- You are capable to communicate with colleagues outside your field of expertise and you are interested in acquiring new skills and competences;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Affinity with health or agriculture & food topics;
- You are result and quality driven;
- Hands-on and team player attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible and problem-solving attitude are attributes that define yourself;
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it? Then
you can connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can
reach Perine on +31(0)6 48 86 12 56 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.