System Engineer Medical Devices
What you will do
will contribute in our effort to improve the life of future patients. By
designing cutting edge solutions for medical devices, you address unmet needs
of patient’s around the world. You will
be part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the design,
implementation and management of low-power, high-quality electronic systems. You
will also interact with customers and suppliers to align on planning, progress,
and transfer of results.
- You lead electronic system design and development for an active implantable medical device prototypes as well as for non-implantable applications. Designs are based on imec ASICs and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices.
- Deliver high-quality system designs, in a timely fashion, and in accordance with medical device regulations for implantable devices and wearable applications (such as ISO/EN 14708-1 and IEC 60601-1 series).
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications.
- Lead the hardware testing and characterization of prototypes.
- PCB design and layout multi-layer and dense PCBs and design solutions to comply with EMC standards.
- Documentation of the design, development and testing activities in accordance to medical device regulations.
- Cooperate within multi-disciplinary project teams consisting electrical, mechanical, software, and biomedical engineers, to define the specifications, design, implement, verify and validate hardware systems.
- You share knowledge with the team and help and guide them in the area of electronic systems.
do for you
joining the imec Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of
disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our researchers and engineers,
you will work on wireless, wearable and implantable healthcare applications
that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our
ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our
Who you are
- MSc degree in electrical engineering or a similar field with a strong background in mechatronics.
- 4+ years’ experience in low-power electronic system design, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- 3+ years’ experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools, DFT and DFM techniques.
- Experience in troubleshooting, patching and board bring-up in miniaturized designs.
- The role requires experience in hardware development in accordance with medical device regulations. Particularly experience with IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2.
- You are a product-oriented team player and understand the tradeoffs of design decisions
- Demonstrated experience with formal development, including requirements management, issue tracking, change management, regression testing etc.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
- You have experience with PCB design and layout multi-layer and dense PCBs (plus).
- You have knowledge on risk management (ISO 14971) (plus).
- Experience with supplier and customer interaction (plus).
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are an agile team player, actively helping other team members.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You like technical challenges and inspired by them
you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then
you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via
+31(0)6-50837563. If you wish to apply then please submit your full resume and
include a motivational letter.