Electrical Characterization Engineer
What you will do
As part of this research team we are looking for a Characterization Engineer to analyze the electrical and electro-mechanical properties of a wide variety of hardware components that are developed for this (and other) projects. These components are based on the latest, cutting edge CMOS technology developed at imec, with demanding specifications to guarantee extreme accuracy and stability while operating in a harsh environment.
As a Characterization Engineer at imec, you will perform the following tasks:
- Perform electrical measurements on manual and semi-automatic test equipment / probe stations to determine the integrity of newly developed processes, their process window, and their projected reliability in the Field. The scope of this work covers the characterization of CMOS, MEMS, and 3D test structures to provide feedback to process development and integration in these areas.
- Develop new and innovative test methodologies and plans designed for efficiency and best possible coverage of the application space.
- Interact closely with members of Design, Process Integration, and Reliability teams to evaluate and give feedback on process and design improvements and DOEs.
- Provide regular progress reports to internal Project Management and external customers.
- Proactively point out problems with design and process to shorten the various development cycles.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or Physics.
- You have preferably several years of experience in the semiconductor (or related) industry, or a in laboratory environment.
- You can easily integrate into a culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills to align all the main stakeholders at the technical level, and to deliver messages and results clearly and concisely.
- You have knowledge of the basic principles of CMOS and MEMS processing.
- You are familiar with electrical test equipment such as semiconductor parameter analyzers (such as Agilent B1500, Keithley K4200 or Keysight B1500), probe stations (such as SUSS/CASCADE PA300), and LCR meters (such as E4980A)
- You have the skills to set up tests for a variety of electrical / electro-mechanical characterization at different electrical / environmental conditions. Experience in test automation is a plus.
- You are skilled in the use of lab-software and scripting languages such as Python, Labview, and Agilent.
- You know how to handle, analyze, and interpret electrical data, and to put it into proper context for your collaborators.
- You are proficient with data analysis tools such as JMP or SAS.
- You are familiar with laboratory safety concept and protocols.
- Prior exposure to the concepts of CMOS reliability and its concepts are a plus.