Electrical test Engineer
What you will do
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, energy, education, etc.
Part of the mission of the Compute and Memory Device (CMD) Department of imec is to “deliver standard and advanced electrical testing and reliability characterization of compute and memory devices”, and thus we need to continuously develop and maintain a state-of-the-art electrical characterization infrastructure and professional methodologies. In this context we are currently looking for a passionate electrical test engineer who will help strengthen this excellence and achieve our mission.
- Function as the contact person between R&D device teams and the test application and service group (META) of imec. In this role you will:
- Coordinate actions when a test setup goes down, faces a hardware issue, or requires an upgrade
- Continuously communicate with device teams on the status of setups and operating conditions
- Understand the needs of R&D device teams and translate them into hardware requirements
- Make sure of a clear and up-to-date hardware documentation
- Contribute to the development of the pool of CMD setups, focused mainly on memory and cryogenic test applications, by keeping up to date with the trends in the semiconductor industry and in the ecosystem of test equipment suppliers
- Interact with suppliers when a repair is required or when new instruments are purchased, making sure all technical requirements are met
- Actively look for opportunities to improve our operational processes.
- Support the effort of electrical characterization of logic and memory devices under development, implying:
- Perform manual or semi-automatic wafer-level tests
- Design and submit automatic test protocols
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a master's degree in Engineering (Electronics) or equivalent by relevant professional experience in electrical test and characterization.
- You have good knowledge of measurement techniques and hardware.
- Experience with lab instruments, semiconductor device tests, and parametric test would be highly appreciated.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language and data analysis experience is a definite plus.
- Sharing technical knowledge and communicating to colleagues having different background are natural for you.
- You are a problem solver: you don’t think in problems, but in solutions. You can easily switch from a more strategic approach to a pragmatic approach and act upon it.
- You are eager to learn new technologies, new techniques, new skills.
- You are a team player towards your internal and external partners, and you are motivated to evolve in a high-paced development context, you actively contribute to achieving common goals.