Digital ASIC Hardware Designer
What you will do
Imec IC-link’s digital front-end design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with digital design and implementation services in a myriad of application domains. You will be part of a team of digital designers, working closely with imec research teams in Belgium and the Netherlands and with our customers and partners worldwide.
In this job, your main activities will be:
- Discuss and extend specifications with the customers
- Take part in design activities, as there are
- Implement the specifications into a system description (synthesizable verilog/vhdl) in a power/area/timing efficient way
- Create automated testbenches with a high functional verification coverage
- Create functional testpatterns that can be applied to a testmachine
- Create constraints and power intent files
- Synthesize the design (with or without power intent file)
- Add DFT structures to the design
- Perform logic equivalence checks
- Perform power estimations
- Create ATPG vectors for different fault models (SSA, IDDQ, bridging, transition delay...)
- Run functional and ATPG pre - and post layout simulations
- Adapt the internal scripting environment with gained knowledge
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a self-motivated and creative team member; a quick learner eager to share his/her knowledge. In this position you should have a good understanding of the ASIC (low power) design flow as well as the tools involved. System architecture knowledge and awareness of the IP available on the market would be an asset.
- You have a Master or bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on digital design/implementation.
- You are interested in working in a flexible service environment.
- You are enthusiastic about contributing to a customer’s goals.
- The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with good communication and reporting skills.
- The day-to-day contact with people from all over the world makes fluency in English a necessity.
- Experience with a verification flow using UVM is a plus.
- Experience with DSP is also a plus
- Knowledge of a programming language like Python is also an asset.