What you will do
- Work in the Advanced Technology Platform Team, as a Device Engineer, to support two major areas of work:
- Technology Transfer: Utilizing the deep technical expertise of imec, the ATP team works with customer collaboration to setup established technology node processes at customer sites, expanding the width of the semiconductor industry.
- Platform Synergy activity: Determine the optimal processes and conditions to provide consistently effective results, utilizing windowing and process margin understanding. This activity touches a diverse range of programs, from very advanced CMOS, Si Photonics, 3D integration, Life Sciences, Sensors, and Tech Transfer needs. A highly visible, broadly impacting role.
- Working with multiple programs and customers, to understand device results of lots, and interpret the various parameters. Interface with advanced research device team to collaborate and support these programs.
- Leverage industry experience to window and margin test modules, working to establish optimal settings which work across major program families which are inherently dissimilar, and have their own unique needs.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have direct experience with 65nm, 28nm, and 14nm nodes. Additional advanced node knowledge is a bonus, but not a requirement. We desire experience in a production type environment, where optimization vs. pure development is done
- 3+ years of industry experience in a production or development environment. Candidates directly from MS or Ph.D programs will not be considered for this role.
- Direct experience with CMOS transistor operation, ability to interpret electrical test data of N and P mos transistors.
- Understanding of process integration impact on transistor performance.
- Willingness to relocate physically to Leuven, Belgium.