Junior Development Support Engineer
What you will do
For our Compute and Memory Technology (CMT) unit we are currently looking for a Development Support Engineer who will be critical to the success of our Research & Development programs.
- As a Junior Development Support Engineer you take on a key role in developing the next generation semiconductor technologies that will feed the next generation servers and IoT applications. Therefore, you will contribute to optimizing advanced process development that are critical to the success of our research programs.
- During an intensive training period you will be coached by our senior experts. They will introduce you to imec's activities, teach and practice with you everything you need to know to excel in your role. From device physics, process integration, data analysis, to metrology and process tools we use.
- Your mentors will introduce you to our way of working, they will teach you how to efficiently setup an experiment. This way you will acquire a professional level of handling the tools, and you will be able to execute and analyze the results. This will enable you to make well-grounded decisions based on test and inspection results. These decisions are required to continue our processing activities and developments. Additionally, you will help to efficiently troubleshoot any unforeseen problem that might occur in your area of expertise.
- In your role you will be the first point of contact for imec’s teams who are responsible for the critical production of devices (such as the pilot production line team or the research team focusing on exploratory concepts for beyond CMOS). Your decisions will allow these teams to ensure continuous processing.
- You will work in day shift, including 1 weekend (Sat/Sun) out of 4.
As timing is critical in our business, we are looking for people with strong analytical and organizational skills, who can analyze and respond effectively to incoming request and issues in a timely manner. We need people who enjoy a (high) level of autonomy in their work, who are looking for an intellectual challenge, and foremost who are willing and able to learn fast.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or a Master in Engineering (Master in Industrial Science) from a Technical University in a technical field (preferably in Physics, Material Sciences, Electronics, (Bio)Chemistry, Electro mechanics) or equivalent through experience.
- You have strong analytical skills, and you enjoy a (high) level of autonomy in your work.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and have proven to be a fast learner.
- You are a problem solver: you do not think in problems, but in solutions. Thanks to your sense of urgency, you act proactively. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action.
- You are a good communicator: you listen actively; you build bridges where needed and you communicate clearly and effectively.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are a team player: you enjoy learning from your colleagues and sharing knowledge. You take up your responsibilities in the team and actively contribute to achieving common goals.