Manager R&D Operations
What you will do
You coordinate R&D Operations within the Compute and Memory Integration Department. More specifically this means:
- You consolidate the needs across programs/projects. You facilitate through proactive identification and removal of operational bottlenecks. You drive collective recovery and/or escalations and you report on operational performance of the department (across different programs/departments).
- You drive systemic (Xdept/program) operational improvement (projects), business process improvement with an eye for department as well as for corporate needs.
- You start from a strong analysis, from which you (re-)design the business process. You build buy-in, implement and drive adoption.
- You run the periodic capacity planning processes and you ensure consistency of the roll out of this process through coaching of involved parties.
- As an expert for planning and managing R&D projects you roll out methodologies across teams/depts and coach stakeholders on planning, risk management, operational sizing, working methodologies ....
- You propose and implement effective data visualization and analysis methodologies to facilitate monitoring and controlling of operations. Preferably you have experience with PowerBI. Also having experience with Microsoft Office 365 tools (SharePoint, Power Automate, ...) is a plus.
- You report to the R&D Dept Director and you have a functional reporting line to the Operations director.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
For this challenging position we are looking for a candidate with OPS DNA, education or experience. Also, with a good system insight and business mindset.
Besides this, our ideal candidate has proven to be able to lead and drive improvement projects (<5-10years of experience).
We look for someone who:
- can think in terms of business process output (not in procedures)
- has the interest and ability to understand tech language and tech development business processes
- is able to manage a variety of stakeholders
- has active listening and facilitation skills, good analytical and observation skills, ruthless logic
- has personal impact & empathy
- communicates in a transparent way
- is perseverant, gets things done
- is self-motivated and resilient
- has a proven track record driving implementation and adoption of changes
- Our ideal candidate also has knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, PMBOK) and business process management.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.