Computer Vision Researcher Hyperspectral
What you will do
We are looking for a Computer Vision Researcher with experience in hyperspectral image analysis to expand our activities in Wageningen, The
Netherlands. Joining us in this role you will be part of an interdisciplinary
team to investigate technologies that can be used for creating innovative solutions
on precision agriculture.
- Conduct research using hyperspectral image analysis and data fusion / emerging imaging technologies together with a team of hardware, software engineers as well as application specialists to create and test new concepts in the domain of precision agriculture: autonomous greenhouses, smart farming etc;
- Define concepts and architectures for image and data processing algorithms, using the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques;
- Collaborate in an interdisciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer requirements and challenges and translate these into specifications and solutions to be incorporated in the design;
- Validate your own designs experimentally in the field;
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals;
- Result-driven with a tremendous drive to make a difference.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be
part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers.
Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD degree in Data Science, AI, Computer Vision or Computer science or you have a MSc degree + 5 years of relevant experience in the image processing domain.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques that can be used for object detection, recognition and classification in image or point clouds, for example (both older methods like PCA/LDA, SVM) and different CNN architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of preferably hyperspectral imaging or tomography / (photo-) acoustic imaging.
- Excellent working proficiency with Python, Matlab or similar tools.
- Knowledge of NumPy, TensorFlow or PyTorch is appreciated.
- Hands-on attitude, which means taking initiative, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems are attributes that define yourself.
- You are a quick learner interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Affinity with applied research for the Agri & Food and Health domains is appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English are required.
interested in this position, and do you want to learn more about it, then you
can talk to Perine
Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist at OnePlanet Research Center. You can
reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256 or email@example.com. . If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.