Computer Vision Researcher
What you will do
We need you as an Computer Vision Researcher / Data
- Conduct research on emerging imaging technologies for the precision agriculture domain together with a team of hardware, software engineers as well as application specialists to create and test new concepts in the field of autonomous greenhouses, smart farming etc.
- Define concepts and architectures for image processing algorithms, using the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques.
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer requirements and challenges and translate these into specifications and solutions to be incorporated in the design.
- Validate your own designs experimentally in the field.
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Result driven with a tremendous drive to make a difference.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen University
& Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. This means that you
work in an environment of globally
respected research institutes/universities. Imec The Netherlands, as an
employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package
including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers;
disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an
impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the
- PhD degree in Data Science, AI, Computer Vision, Computer science or similar.
- 5+ years relevant experience in the image processing domain.
- Affinity with applied research for the Agri & Food and Health domains.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques that can be used for image detection, recognition and classification, for example ANN, kNN, SVM, PCA, LDA.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with emerging imaging techniques (must), for example hyperspectral imaging (preferred), tomography, SWIR, photoacoustic imaging (plus).
- Excellent working proficiency with Matlab, Python or similar.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity. You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiative, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can talk to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist at OnePlanet Research Center. You can
reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.