What you will do
- Our team is part of the Facilities and infrastructure department responsible for the quality control of the cleanrooms and lab’s at our premises in Leuven (particles, moisture measurements, vibrations, EMI, contamination control, …).
- In addition our team is the point of contact for answering specific questions from the entire imec organization: behaviour of gases, material choices, contamination problems, specifications of raw materials, gas detection systems, etc. most of them in relation to the processes on the cleanroom tools.
- As a chemical engineer you will be, together with your colleagues, responsible for the quality control of the cleanrooms and lab’s and act as a chemical expert to the organisation.
- We work closely with R&D and FAB, process and hardware engineers, so you'll be collaborating with a diverse group of experts.
- You will be encouraged to initiate and lead ad hoc projects following your own improvement suggestions or in assignment of the wider organization.
- You will be involved in tasks related to the chemicals management system (MSDS, REACH, approval of raw materials). The latter form the link to the cleanroom and consist of moisture measurements for validation of gas pipes, noise measurements, vibration measurements, mobile gas detection measurements, etc. In the lab, you will perform measurements (XRF, ICP, IC, ...) on samples that will give you a better understanding of the processes on the cleanroom tools.
- Thanks to your extensive chemistry background, you will be able to interpret the measurement results offered, allowing you to provide appropriate solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor or master's degree in (engineering) sciences chemistry and an extensive work experience in this field.
- You are able to organize your work in an autonomous way and you like to take initiative.
- Thanks to your extensive chemistry background, you will be able to interpret your measurement results, allowing you to provide appropriate solutions and share chemical expertise.
- You have no problems finding your way in an undefined area and making the necessary contacts.
- You like to learn, but you are not afraid to do executive work as well.
- You enjoy variety and you like to switch between requests on demand and delivering small improvement projects.
- You are a real team player.
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and English.