Business Management Assistant / Office Manager
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
What you will do
imec has a full time remote opportunity for a Business Management Assistant / Office Manager in San Jose, California. You will be responsible for the local operational support of the West Coast-based imec Strategic Partnerships team. We're looking for an enthusiastic and eager colleague who wants to be part of a small, focused team in a high energy environment. There is flexibility for remote work, but you must also be able to work from the office location on a regular basis.
The primary work location for this role will be the imec office in San Jose.
- Support the team and our customers: planning visits and scheduling client meetings and calls
- Schedule internal meetings and calls between US and Belgium headquarters
- Coordinate meetings at the San Jose office: manage calendars, book rooms, prepare equipment
- Arrange and facilitate local imec events
- Onboarding of new employees
- Interface with HQ administrative team and local administrative team in the US to coordinate across relevant information
- Management, organization, coordination of electronic document storage
- Assist with CRM data entry
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. We work close to industry, so your expertise and efforts often convert to solutions that are widely utilized and make positive impacts in the world. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative role supporting sales and/or management teams
- Flexible, can maintain organization with changing priorities
- Reliable, responsive and able to work with a high sense of urgency and accuracy
- Able to handle confidential information
- Extremely organized and efficient
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Online Media,
- Ability to review, edit and optimize presentations (Power Point) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, can communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an international organization, keeping in mind cultural differences
- Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and partners, creating positive interactions and building relationships
- Ability to travel to imec’s local office in San Jose or regionally when required for face to face meetings
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion via all regular modes of transportation
- Prior experience working in a virtual or remote role is preferred
- Prior experience supporting a field sales or executive team is preferred
- Fluency in Dutch or another foreign language is a plus.