Product Manager Photoacoustics
What you will do
Ensure the upcoming Photo-Acoustics technology platform delivers optimum value for imec and its partners by further aligning the platform targets with medical and other unmet needs.
In this function, you will be responsible to refine and help realize imec’s strategy towards maximum impact for imec’s new Photo-Acoustics technology, mainly in the Health domain. This role spans the activities of market analysis, further elaboration of requirements, roadmap definition and business plan, to coordinate its execution and commercialization in tight collaboration with Business Development and Partnership management.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Establish a thorough understanding of the market landscape for the target applications
- Elaborate targeted and new applications for photoacoustics / ultrasound platforms
- Identify key players and target customers (together with Business development and Partnership Managers)
- Competition overview
- Further develop requirements for the platform and platform roadmap to be disruptive for the target applications
- Understanding of the landscape in target application
- Help specify targets and roadmap for the platform
- Help prioritize development of various functions and building blocks in function of impact /value / risk / room for innovation
- Align development roadmap with go to market approach
- Drive application requirements and specifications for the two key application systems
- Seek and help coach collaborations for early applications testing
- Be instrumental in the definition of first demonstration systems
- Drive final application engineering through thorough understanding of the application
- Shape imec’s offering and go-to-market strategy in close collaboration with imec’s technology teams and colleagues in the venture development and business development teams:
- Articulate USPs from an application perspective and how they fit in potential customers’ value chains.
- Assess financial impact and potential of proposed investments to support go/no-go decisions and prioritization.
- Consider various business model options: Contract research / Licensing / Venturing
- Support venturing initiatives and prospect customers’ requirements
- Steer activities towards value creation and subsequent revenue generation
- Be instrumental in the search for and discussion with strategic accounts for key applications (in close collaboration with your colleagues in business development and partnership management)
- Contribute to intellectual property (IP) generation
- Organize workshops and drive teams to generate additional IP
- Refine the long-term business plan
- Refine the financial plan and the roadmap
- Develop an industrialization roadmap for projected developments
- What to do in-house vs. with third parties
- Ensuring compatibility of developed processes with industrial/commercial foundries
- Liaise with all development teams involved (Leuven, Ghent, Eindhoven)
- Report development progress to the funding organization on a 6-weekly basis
The position is based in Leuven, Belgium.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold at least a master’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, biomedical or clinical field, and have demonstrated business acumen.
- You have at least 5 years professional experience, and have a deep understanding of Product/Solutions Marketing and Strategy, as well as of technology, by training and/or experience.
- You have experience in MedTech or sensing with experience in (medical)imaging (e.g. ultrasound, mammography) and/or diabetes monitoring.
- You are familiar with business analytics and planning as well as innovation management best practices for technology/product/solution marketing.
- You are comfortable doing deep dives together with the technical teams as well as with clinical key opinion leaders, to refine market needs.
- You have excellent communication (English) and leadership skills - ability to influence stakeholders (internal and external).
- In short, you are multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative, passionate about technology and marketing, and have entrepreneurial drive to get to results.
- You are able to commute three times a week to Leuven (primary location).