Business Development Manager for ULP Wireless and Sensing
What you will do
develops nanoelectronics and digital technology solutions for advanced
applications in domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility logistics
and manufacturing, entertainment, and energy. Our Connectivity Business Team is
looking for a business development manager to identify sales leads, promote our
hardware and software designs on wireless and air sensing including but not
limited to Bluetooth and UWB wireless technologies, radar/lidar, gas and ultra-fine
particle sensors, for medical, automotive, and industry and applications. In
this position we need you to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Actively build and manage a portfolio of customers for imec relevant technologies in the semiconductor, wireless, radar, lidar and sensor market.
- Generate and follow up leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Based on your knowledge of the market and your ability to listen to and understand customer needs you advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- Prepare proposals to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts. You also track the progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor the customer’s satisfaction.
- Clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the program management and technical teams.
- Work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals.
- Coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to head of imec Connectivity Business Team.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. You will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and
thinkers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that
will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a
wide range of training possibilities
Who you are
- MSc degree in computer engineering, electronics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in market making use of wireless and/or sensor technologies. You have a strong business insight and customer orientation.
- General knowledge of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- Good understanding of the connectivity domain and technological trends and challenges.
- You have outstanding communication skills: customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- Relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function. You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to talk and confer on technical, legal, and business-related matters.
- Able to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- Able to handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis, and other sales tools.
- Team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English; other European languages are an asset.
Do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent
Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.