Business Development - Team Lead - Specialty Devices and Foundries
What you will do
As a pioneer in nanoelectronics, imec brings smart chip technology to the world. We leverage our expertise in chip design, process technology development and digital technology to develop innovative devices for several markets.
With specialty devices, we offer a solution in markets where partners need a specific silicon (Si) based device which is not available as a standard component. Projects typically entail the design of a device, the development of specific process steps and flows into imec’s Si fab. Once the process is completed and the customer product is qualified, customer can engage with imec into low volume manufacturing or can decide to transfer to foundry partners for higher volumes.
Our typical partners need such innovative devices which they use in their instruments or tools to gain competitive edge in their market. We focus on silicon based devices as this allows us to enable strong integration with existing process technology available and allows for transfer in case of high-volume products to foundry partners, as such offering our partners a full solution from prototyping to final product volumes.
In this job, you will lead imec’s business development team for the Specialty Devices & Foundries (SDF) segment, including contributing to market strategy, defining the offering and turning this into customer collaborations to maximize impact. Your and your team’s main responsibilities will be:
- Shape imec’s go-to-market strategy for the SDF segment, in close collaboration with imec’s program directors and program managers, mapping research and solution roadmaps onto market needs.
- Detect, track and quantify market trends and needs relevant towards imec’s offering definition.
- Articulate the 10x USP’s of the various imec technologies from a market perspective and position them in the value chain of our potential customers.
- Validate the above through Voice-of-Customer input at C-level with our partners.
- Define go-to-market approach that can link imec’s offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers.
- Collect market insights in order to remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape
- Convert the go-to-market approach into customer collaboration leveraging imec’s different business models, including its open innovation programs, bilateral projects, government funded projects and venturing.
- Define and prioritize target customers and customer segments
- Selection of the relevant offering, price setting, business model, IP model
- Setup marketing actions to support the go-to-market
- Manage deal-closing in collaboration with the technical, legal and IP teams
- Represent the customer during the project execution phase
- Implement actions to give feedback to the technical team on the technical offerings
- People management:
- Coach the team, located in Belgium and the Netherland towards maximum business impact
- Lead/Opportunity assignment within the team
- Business Reporting of the team on a continuous basis (weekly, CRM...)
- Implement actions across the regions to train the offerings and capture market feedback
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a scientific degree & and have a solid business background in the wearable/digital health and/or life sciences and/or medtech markets
- You have at least 10 years of product marketing or business development experience in a high-tech environment with focus on semiconductor technology, MEMS, photonics...
- You have experience in a team lead role (people management)
- You are passionate about getting technology to market
- You are a strong and positive communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic. At the same time, you are inquisitive, don't leave things open, and go for the most suitable process to close the deal.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools
- You are a strong, trustworthy, and reliable team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams
- You are very organized to be able to handle several customers at the same time
- You can talk on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular traveling worldwide; travel percentage is approximately 20%
- You are fluent in English.