(Senior) Business Development Manager Sustainable Semiconductor Technologies and 3D Integration Technologies
What you will do
Within the business segment Semiconductor and System companies, we address those partners that have specific technology needs to drive their products forward on the basis of scaled CMOS, 3D and chiplet technnology, integrated photonics, quantum computing technologies or other related semiconductor technologies. We offer different business models ranging from IP creation and licensing in an R&D context with imec or multiple partners to dedicated product development through imec.
As a Business Development Manager, your main tasks will be:
- Based on your good knowledge of the semiconductor fabless and system players, you will build and manage a portfolio of customers for a range of different imec technologies such as logic and memory CMOS technologies, 3D integration and chiplets, integrated photonics and quantum computing devices.
- You generate leads within this market segment and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- You advise and promote to customers the most optimal offering and business model, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You work in close cooperation with imec’s technical program management and with the worldwide partnership managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with business development, legal and IP teams. You take the lead in negotiating and finalizing contracts with the customer.
- You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the customer and facilitate the interaction between the customer and the technical teams.
- You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the Business Line Director of this market segment.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a master’s degree (preferably in physics or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have some experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in markets making use of semiconductor technologies and design methodologies.
- You understand business models in IP licensing.
- You have experience in discussing with technical leadership of companies and negotiating business terms in contracts.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies.
- You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and can talk and confer on technical, legal, and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional partnership teams.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.
- You are willing to relocate to Belgium.