Senior Business Development Manager Connectivity
What you will do
As a Senior Business Development Manager Connectivity, you will be a part of imec’s business development team in Leuven, Belgium. You will contribute to the market strategy of the Connectivity Program Line, defining the offering and turning this into customer collaborations to maximize impact. You will build upon our existing HW designs on 79Ghz automotive radar ICs, 140Ghz radar ICs, spiking neural network digital chips. Targeted application domains include MM-wave imaging, vital sign monitoring, gesture recognition, person detection/tracking/monitoring and other applications based on our radar technology expertise, including SoC and sensor fusion technologies. On top, as senior business development manager you will also search for partners in our Bluetooth and UWB proximity & ranging and advanced RF technologies. We need you as a senior Business Development Manager to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Shape imec’s go-to-market strategy for the connectivity domain, in close collaboration with imec’s VP R&D, program directors and program managers, mapping research and solution roadmaps onto market needs.
- Detect, track and quantify market trends and needs relevant towards imec’s Connectivity roadmap and offering definition.
- Articulate the 10x USP’s of the various imec technologies from a market perspective and position them in the value chain of our potential customers.
- Validate the above through Voice-of-Customer input at C-level with our partners.
- Define go-to-market approach that can link imec’s offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers.
- Collect market insights in order to remain up-to-date with the landscape
- Convert the go-to-market approach into customer collaboration leveraging imec’s different business models, including its open innovation programs, bilateral projects, government funded projects and venturing.
- Define and prioritize target customers and customer segments
- Selection of the relevant offering, price setting, business model, IP model
- Setup marketing actions to support the go-to-market
- Manage deal-closing in collaboration with the technical, legal and IP teams
- Represent the customer during the project execution phase
- Implement actions to give feedback to the technical team on the technical offerings
- Represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- PhD degree in electronic engineering, physics or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in markets making use of radar and/or wireless technologies.
- General knowledge of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams
- You can talk on technical, legal and business related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%)
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.