Business developer/potential CEO for an IMO-IMOMEC (UHasselt – imec) start-up
A novel type of electrical connectivity has been developed by researchers at IMO-IMOMEC (Hasselt University & imec). This technology solves issues of unstable or otherwise impossible connections of electronic devices on moving and/or deformable components. The application space ranges from industrial automation to medical devices, from robotics to prosthetics, and more. This is a unique opportunity to team-up with an entrepreneurial CTO-to-be in shaping the future industrialization steps of a nascent company and steering the go-to-market and business strategy towards success.
What you will do
- Develop an exciting yet realistic business plan, comprising business model, go-to-market strategy, financial plan , roadmap and market projections. Leverage your broad network to validate business assumptions and translate the customers’ needs into product specifications that drive the development roadmap.
- Raise the necessary funds and manage the P&L of the company.
- Work in close cooperation with the technical team to build and execute the product development roadmap.
- Identify and hire key resources to build a high performing and ambitious team and ensure full engagement of the team for company success.
- Close deals with the first paying customers and/or partners.
- Build trust relations with customers, key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders. Develop strategic partnerships if required. Identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry in which the company operates.
Who you are
- You have a scientific background or relevant experience to understand, think and communicate about technology; an MBA is a plus.
- You leverage a strong industrial network in robotics or industrial automation.
- You have proven experience with fundraising (investors as well as public funding) and entrepreneurial finance in general.
- You have developed a hardware product strategy or go-to-market strategy and taken responsibility in its implementation.
- You have solid experience (> 5 years) as an executive, business director, product owner , or similar relevant experience in one of these areas: robotics or, industrial automation (preferably), electronics development/manufacturing (alternatively ).
- Experience in shaping early-stage deep-tech hardware start-ups or similar intrapreneurial projects is a strong plus.
- You are an inspiring leader for the team and have a hands-on approach to execution.
- You are an excellent communicator and possess strong public speaking skills.
- You are based in Belgium – ideally in the greater Hasselt area – or willing to relocate in the future.
For more information about this position contact Virginia Claudio (email@example.com).