What you will do
We are looking for a Biomedical Researcher with experience in biomedical optics to
expand our activities in Wageningen. Joining us in this role you will be part
of an interdisciplinary team to investigate technologies that can be used for
creating innovative health solutions. Next to other Biomedical researchers,
Electronic engineers, Biochemical engineers and Data scientists, you will be
involved in different activities related to the research and development for a
range of health-nutrition monitors, smart bathroom applications and other
Your tasks will include:
- Conduct research on relevant health care applications and corresponding biological markers;
- Conduct research on (optical) technologies which can be used for creating innovative health solutions;
- Define concepts and architectures for health sensors for contact-mode or remote applications;
- Validate your concepts and design experimentally in a lab environment;
- Setting up and executing data collection campaigns aimed at validating sensors and algorithms to extract relevant features;
- Create methods to evaluate and analyze the performance of sensors and algorithms;
- Performing data analysis on collected data and create models to relate sensor data to biological markers;
- Perform experimental field trials with clinical partners.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen University &
Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec
The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range
of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team
of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your
ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a Master degree or preferably a PhD in Biomedical Engineering or Technical Medicine;
- Recent graduated PhD or Master + 2 years of relevant experience in the optical domain related to medical applications is a must;
- Experience with designing and executing experiments, also on human subjects, and the analysis of data;
- Good working proficiency with Matlab or Python;
- Hands-on experience in the design, integration, and test of optical systems is required;
- Experience with optical techniques such as photoacoustic spectroscopy or Raman spectroscopy is a big plus;
- You have experience in applying theoretical knowledge related to human physiology and/or nutrition;
- Hands-on and proven can-do attitude, which means taking initiative, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible approach and solving problems on daily basis are attributes that define yourself;
- You are comfortable working and interacting with people as you need to interact with patients for experiments;
- You are someone who can deal with ambiguity and see changes as opportunities to learn and grow;
- You are interested in a broad range of health-related topics such as nutrition, behavior, biology;
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it? Then
you can connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can
reach Perine on +31(0)6 48 86 12 56 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.