BD Marketing and Events Officer
What you will do
As Business Development Marketing and Event Officer, you are part of the Semiconductor Technologies and Systems Business Development team and responsible for coordinating the marketing and communication actions towards strategic partners as well as the management and support of the business Development unit, in a team of 4 colleagues
As a prime focus, a portfolio of marketing and sales-oriented tasks will be yours:
- You are responsible for the marketing angle of imec’s most prestigious, half-yearly partner event “Partner Technical Week”, where close to 100 (industrial) partners gather for reviewing imec’s research program progress. You will be driving the total customer experience of this worldwide recognized imec flagship event. In a joint team, you have joint responsibility over a seamless and perfect logistical organization of the semi-annual meeting series with individualized access schemes per partner.
- Manage the key communication channels to imec partners, such as the imec partner site and social media channels, and identify improvement opportunities;
- Translate market insights of the BD Department to the Communications Department to improve and expand collaboration on communication and marketing campaigns.
- Coordination between Business Development and imec corporate communications on imec wide events and communication, such as ITF, press releases and executive newsletters. Take initiatives to increase the business impact of corporate events and communication. Evaluating and aligning marketing & sales measurements (campaign engagement’s impact on revenue)
In addition, as part of the management support team:
- You are planning and coordinating international travels of Business Development Managers and Research Managers, planning review roadshows with personalized schedules and visit agendas;
- You take care of the seamless hosting of inward visiting delegations.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have experience organizing events and as executive management assistant managing complex calendars
- You have strong communication and relation building skills to grow partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- You are a talent when it comes to planning and organization, deadlines and high visibility don’t give you too much stress.
- You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
- You are an enthusiastic team player, but you can work independently and take initiative to get things done.