ASIC Design Project Manager/System Architect
What you will do
- are imec’s face to the customer regarding projects with a design component.
- understand customer needs and can map them on internal or partner design and IP capabilities. This can include discussions on system and block level specifications.
- define turnkey or service ASIC design project plans supporting customer requirements involving internal and/or external design, IP and implementation capabilities.
- discuss the necessary resource allocation with the internal design group and the external design partner(s), depending on the needs of the project.
- have a good feeling for pricing, timeframes, effort and EDA tool and server requirements in ASIC developments.
- coordinate ASIC design projects within the agreed budget and timeframe, by
- making sure everyone knows what is expected of them by when.
- proactively acting when technical difficulties arise
- hosting and minuting weekly meetings, keeping an action point list.
- making sure communication in the project team is clear and sufficient.
- acting on requirement updates from the customer.
- review design project deliverables before delivery to the customer.
- follow the quality procedures of imec (e.g. documentation, milestones, check-lists...)
- openly share experiences with colleagues.
- keep the imec management informed about the status of the prospected and running projects.
- know when and how to tap into the already available knowledge in imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a colleague with a master’s degree in Microelectronics, ideally, combined with at least 8 years of relevant experience in ASIC design.
- If you know the ASIC business very well, get energy from managing customer projects and have a proven track record in doing so, you are the one we are looking for.
- Your good network in the ASIC design and IP ecosystem is a plus.
- Customer-orientation, pro-activity and result-orientation are the best keywords to describe your profile.
- You have an excellent level of English communication.