ASIC Design Engineer
What you will do
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering an ASIC prototyping and production service for companies worldwide. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and to bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and has long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication, and test of advanced electronic products.
For the further extension of the physical digital implementation group (Back-End group), we are looking for a highly motivated engineer. As ASIC design engineer within imec IC-link, you will be in direct contact with our customers for future projects and will do the following tasks:
- Full understanding of the complete Cadence Innovus Place&Route flow: set up low power design (CPF) - Floorplanning & power grid design - Detailed Timing Driven Placement - STA & possible design optimization for setup - Clock Tree Synthesis - Scan chain re-stitching - Detailed Timing Driven Route (incl. SI) - IPO’s (in-place optimization) to get the timing in all corners correct - Solve setup & hold violations - Sign-off extraction (SPEF) - Sign-off timing (TEMPUS) - Sign-off Power analysis (VOLTUS) - Physical verification (DRC, ERC,LVS,ANT) - Logic equivalent check
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in electronics or equivalent with 5 years’ of experience in Place&Route tools (eg Cadence INNOVUS)
- You have experience with CPF (low power design)
- You are well organized and proactive
- You manage priorities and organize your work efficiently
- You enjoy working in a team back-end design engineers
- You are familiar with full Cadence Innovus Place&Route flow
- Some experience in Front-End is a nice to have