What you will do
The Compute System Architecture Unit (CSA) at imec is researching next-generation large-scale heterogeneous computer architectures for next-generation HPC and AI applications, such as real-time digital twins and accessible personalized medicine. The team is responsible for algorithm research, runtime management innovations, performance modeling, architecture simulation and prototyping for these future applications and the future systems to execute them, to reach multiple orders of magnitude better performance, energy-efficiency, and total-cost-of-ownership.
We are looking for performance researchers to contribute hands-on to the performance analysis of future supercomputer systems. You will navigate how applications execute efficiently on hardware, across multiple abstraction layers. In close collaboration with algorithm researchers, system architects, and microarchitecture designers, you will help to define the supercomputers of the future.
You will work on:
- Simulating large-scale future systems and analyzing the performance and energy usage of applications, identifying bottlenecks and proposing optimizations.
- Profiling workloads to understand their intrinsic behavior with respect to computation, communication, and memory requirements
- Developing analytical models that estimate performance and power for early design space exploration.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering or related STEM degree, preferably with early career experience
- You have experience in computer architecture research.
- You have experience with performance analysis of applications.
- You have experience with analytical performance modeling or large-scale simulation.
- You are strong in concurrent (multithreaded and distributed) programming in C++ and Python.
- You are familiar with resource management middleware, such as found in the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with heterogeneous parallel system architectures such as SoCs or GPU-based systems is considered a definite plus.
- You have an investigative mindset and think at an abstract level, yet you also enjoy working on hands-on, result oriented tasks.
- You work in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues