Algorithm Engineer for Health Applications
Signal Processing challenges makes your heartbeat faster
What you will do
We are looking for an Algorithm Engineer for Health Applications at our OnePlanet Research Center in Wageningen and Nijmegen, Netherlands. You will work in a multidisciplinary team of biomedical engineers, electronic engineers, bio-chemical engineers, and data scientists creating innovative health solutions. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Development and optimization of signal processing and biomedical algorithms to estimate physiological parameters using novel sensors, devices, and platforms.
- Deploying algorithms and models in real-time processing applications, both on devices and in the cloud.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable scientific code using good software engineering practices and techniques.
- Together with your team plan and divide activities and adjust them according to progress and priorities.
- Identify state of the art, its gaps, and possible solutions to further develop OnePlanet’s biomedical IP in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team. Discover which technologies can be applied to our experiments/trials on sensors.
- Actively advise and take part in the experimental design and executions of studies and data collection campaigns aimed at validating sensors and algorithms. This includes not only looking at enhancement opportunities in the digital data pipelines but also in the overall project chain in collaboration with other scientists and engineers.
- Regularly communicate both the achievements and the challenges you face to the team, taking on feedback and providing feedback to others. Provide input to system improvements in signal quality, algorithm performance, and in the processes employed to collect sensor signals.
- Publish selected OnePlanet’s research in scientific articles and conferences.
What we do for you
We offer an energetic and international environment at
the forefront of technology, in a network of renowned industrial customers.
This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market and to have an
impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration
agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of
choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a
100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore,
imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a
team of world changers, disruptive innovators, and practical thinkers. Here,
your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- PhD, or MSc degree with 2+ years of experience, or a BSc with 4+ years of experience, in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- Strong background in signal processing and experience in the development and implementation of biomedical algorithms (e.g, Accelero, Gyro, ECG, EEG, EMG, EOG, PPG, GSR, and BioZ). You understand how to evaluate and analyze the performance of the developed algorithms.
- Solid experience with Python is a must, knowledge of C++ and/or MATLAB is a plus.
- Experience using GIT for version control and developing reusable code.
- Familiarity with cloud/remote environments and leveraging external resources to host your solutions (e.g., you have used different platforms, ranging from microcontrollers and Raspberry Pi up to supercomputers in the Cloud).
- Affinity with a broad range of precision-health-related topics such as nutrition, behavior, biology, and Digital Twins.
- Experience with studies and data collection on human subjects (e.g., wearables, medical equipment, biology, nutrition) is preferred.
- Able to deal with ambiguity in an uncertain research process. You see change as an opportunity to learn and grow, and you adapt the research course considering boundary conditions and resources at hand.
- Hands-on attitude, which means you take initiative, think pro-actively, have a flexible attitude, and enjoy solving problems.
- Team player with good communication skills and the ability to give quality feedback.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you
can connect to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach
Perine on +31648861256 or via email at email@example.com If you
wish to apply then please submit your full resume and include a motivational
You can read more about us via www.oneplanetresearch.nl.