Active Memory Program Director
What you will do
We are seeking a visionary and experienced Active Memory Program Director to lead our dynamic team in the development and advancement of memory technologies (LLC, DRAM, M-SCM). As the Active Memory Program Director, for setting the strategic direction, driving technical innovation, and ensuring the successful execution of our memory-related projects. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with program partners (IDMs, Foundries, Suppliers, etc.), understanding their interests and expectations. Your leadership will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of different memory technologies and fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration within different imec teams.
As Active Memory Program Director, you will:
- Define imec roadmap for DRAM, disruptive memory devices (Ferroelectric, OTS, OSC, etc.) and technologies.
- Translate this roadmap into research topics and shorter-term deliverables actionable for imec teams.
- Align with the other memory programs leaders such as Storage, Active Memory (magnetic) programs and DTCO/STCO program to create together a global memory for compute roadmap for imec.
- Ensure the technical and operational on-time delivery of this high-level plan through program manager and the various teams involved in your projects such as device, process integration, process development, modelling, TCAD simulations, reliability.
- Drive innovation through new ideas, concepts, brainstorming and PhD topics to create new program content and patents.
- Communicate frequently with partners remotely or in person on the vision and progress of your program, to reach a long-term trust relationship benefiting both parties.
- Constantly review state-of-the-art and literature to be aware of any new disruptive technology that could affect your strategy.
- Encourage your team and participate in publishing in best conferences and journals.
- Enhance cross-functional collaboration by effectively engaging with other resource and thought leaders across different imec organizations.
- Inspire, nurture, and manage your talented teams of program manager and research staff to contribute to their fullest potential.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are truly passionate and excited by new technologies that will have a strong positive societal impact.
- You have 10+ years’ experience in DRAM and different emerging memory technologies in a leadership role.
- You should ideally have a PhD in a semiconductor related field.
- You combine a strong vision on the future of semiconductor technology research with a deep knowledge of memory needs in edge AI, ML, Neuromorphic Compute.
- A high-level overview knowledge in present HPC system will be an added value to the program.
- You have excellent leadership skills and industry leadership experience.
- Your convincing communication style, your inspiring enthusiasm and your strong drive for results will help to create a collaborative environment that fosters knowledge, innovation and customer satisfaction.