3D Si Photonics Heterogeneous Integration Engineer
What you will do
- Your mission as a heterogeneous integration engineer in the 3D and Si photonics team will be to set up, develop and maintain the integration flows for Laser packaging related activities for Silicon Photonics, covering Flip Chip attach and die to wafer assembly. You will work closely with the device design, characterization and process development engineers and be responsible for defining and implementing the process options enabling Laser co-integration with Si for photonics and their related packaging requirements. This will involve generation of experiments covering the materials and device characterization related to the packaging of Si Photonics devices.
- You are responsible for coordinating reliability assessment and improvement activities. Together with imec’s reliability experts you will identify failure modes and propose solutions to prolong the device’s lifetime.
- You are responsible for a streamlined project execution by interacting with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers as well as with external suppliers and customers.
- You will be reporting the results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers and core partners, as well as the scientific community.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a PhD, Master degree or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on semiconductor process technology, packaging technology and a good background on materials characterization.
- 2+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration.
- experience in DOE and statistical analysis is a plus.
- experience with (integrated) photonics is a plus
- an enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- able to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality
- excellent English communication skills and is willing to work in a multicultural environment.