Development Engineer 3D Heterogeneous Integration
What you will do
- You will be a member of imec’s 3D heterogeneous integration team, you will assist Mid and Senior level Engineers to drive key activities and delivering results in support of aggressive Program schedules. You will assist in the development of experiments, collect and analyze technical data, and contribute to building action plans. Your insight will be invaluable to our building a deep understanding of complex systems.
- Your mission as a Heterogeneous Integration Engineer will focus on unique heterogeneous chip packaging, and 300mm substrate reconstitution related activities. You will work closely with engineering staff to gain experience in key engineering disciplines including Design of experiments (DOE), CMOS Integration, data collection and analysis. Your focus on the implementation of process options for Cu BEOL damascene integration, wafer thinning, hybrid damascene Cu, temporary adhesive, and dielectric fusion bonding strategies, is key to enabling imec’s understanding of complex advanced packaging solutions.
- You will implement and coordinate yield and reliability assessments together with imec’s experts. You will learn to identify failure modes and propose solutions with experiential learning and engineering methodologies to drive project success.
- Your focus on details and drive for excellence facilitates the ownership of established process modules to enable a streamlined development environment and guarantees aggressive executions.
- You will use your excellent communication skills to build bridges between Integration, FAB Operations Engineers, and your peers across 3D Teams, and imec programs.
- You are inquisitive and stay current with the state of the art within your competence domain, you are willing to build technical confidence, and enjoy brainstorming, and a high energy collaborative environment.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on semiconductor process technology, packaging and/or advanced packaging technology, and have/or are interested in learning semiconductor integration and device characterization techniques.
- We are looking for your 1+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration. Industrial experience is a bonus.
- Your experience in DOE and statistical analysis and/or III-V device integration and materials is a plus.
- We value an enthusiastic team player who is able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- We need your excellent English communication skills and is interest to work in a multicultural environment.